XetPan is a mail user agent aimed to be light-weight,
responsive and scriptable for better productivity. XetPan's is distributed
under the GPL licence.
- Handle multiple identities (profiles).
- Support IMAP4rev1, MBOX, MH, POP3 mailbox.
- Support NNTP newsgroups.
- Folders: messages can be filed in different folders.
- V-Tree: folders can be arranged in a tree structure
independently of their physical locations.
- Multiple V-Trees can be defined.
- V-Folders: V-Folders displays messages satisfying a
definable search criterias and located in a definable set of
folders. They are dynamically updated whenever a change occur in
- Scriptable: using Python.
- Responsive user interface.
- Multiple user interface: graphical, terminal, http (screenshots).
- More than one user interface can run simultaneously.
- Remote connection and control possible through
terminal interface, http interface or by exporting a
graphical window to another display, if allowed.